Saturday, June 6, 2015

4K

I am proud to say that Dillon ran his first race ever today!!!

It was a 4K (about 2.5 miles) and we both finished in 25 minutes. He did so great and I am so proud! 

Today was an off day for me with my running, but I am glad that he was there because he pushed me to just keep on going - which is exactly what I needed! 

Races are a fun way to do something together and it'll be fun to see what races are ahead for both of us :)

On another note, I made a fabulous chicken salad this past week (recipe shared through my awesome step-sister)

Salad
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 C. pecan pieces, toasted
2 C. red seedless grapes, halved
3 stalks of celery, thinly sliced

Dressing
1 C. mayonnaise (I used Spectrum brand)
4 tsp. apple cider vinegar
5 tsp. honey
2 tsp. poppy seeds
salt and pepper to taste

I definitely recommend it. And if you use the right mayonnaise, it's pretty good for you! 

Have an awesome Saturday, my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment