Friday, June 19, 2015

who wants an awesome leg day workout?!


This past Tuesday, I put together a leg workout for my sister and I to do at the gym. Little did I know... I was not expecting to STILL be sore... It's definitely a good sore but oh my gosh my hamstrings are killing me! So I thought I need to share this, here it is

Front Squats (regular squats) with weights - 3 sets, 20 reps
Sumo Squats with weights - 3 sets, 20 reps
Goblet Squats with weights - 3 sets, 15 reps
Deadlifts - 4 sets, 15 reps
Split Lunge with weight - 3 sets, 10 reps
Calf Raises (normal, inward, outward) - 1 set, 30 reps, 1 set, 10 reps
Hamstring Leg Row w/ball - 4 sets, 30 seconds
Squat with a band around ankles and walk 20 steps one way and 20 steps back

For the front squats and sumo squats I used 25lb weights, for the goblet squat I used 35lb and then for the deadlifts I put a 25lb on each side of the bar. 

I hope you all give this a try, because your legs will be burning for days :)

On another note, last weekend I got to spend some quality time with my family! We were able to go for a jog with my mom, step dad, and sister. 

My dad, step brother, and my dads cousin did the MS150 bike ride. They start in Duluth, MN and bike to White Bear Lake, MN in two days. It's for an amazing cause. My grandpa and grandma both have Multiple Sclerosis and all the funds raised by each biker go to finding a cure for MS. 

If any of you try the leg day workout, let me know how it goes - I would love to hear about it!! 

Oh and here's a picture of one of my oh so cute dogs, Levi

1 comment:

  1. Killer legs!! It's Saturday and my hamis are still tight!

    ReplyDelete