Thursday, March 26, 2015

Healthier Muffins!!

I love when I find healthier recipes for desserts I love!

I really enjoy baking, but only do it on occasion because it is hard having that stuff in the house at all times. 
I found this recipe last year sometime on Pinterest, I've made it a few times and I LOVE it!



Healthier Applesauce Oat Muffins
1 3/4 C. Coconut Flour
1 C. quick cooking oats
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 C. Coconut Sugar
1 C. Coconut oil, melted
2 eggs
1/4 C. Full fat Greek Yogurt
1 C. Organic Applesauce
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder -- (I added this to the recipe)

Whisk together flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. 
In a different bowl, cream together sugar and oil by hand.
Add in eggs and mix. 
Stir in yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla.

Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Bake at 425 for 3 minutes then turn the oven to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 17-18 minutes. 

I definitely recommend these if you have a sweet tooth and don't want to go too far off your meal plan!

Let me know if you do give them a shot :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment