Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Yoga

This morning I woke up and wanted to do some yoga to start my day.
I need a video or instructor to guide me with yoga, I cannot just do it on my own. So I have The Biggest Loser: Weight Loss Yoga


Bob Harper coaches throughout the entire DVD.  He also has a group of people doing it with him who are all at different strength levels- which helps and shows variations of the same exercise. There is a warm up, three workouts, and a cool down. Each workout is a little different. One is yoga beginner, one is yoga, pilates, abs, and the other one is yoga strength training. Today, I did the warm up, the yoga-pilates-abs, the yoga strength training and then the cool down. I was sweating and tired afterwards! 

I did really enjoy the yoga strength training. It uses light weights (I used 5lbs) while you're doing yoga poses. Even with just 5lbs my arms were on fire. 

I love yoga, it is a great workout but yet relaxing and soothing. I love that I can do it in the comfort of my own home. 

I read an article on the benefits of yoga and it was pretty interesting. One of the benefits they went over was boosting immunity- the more you breath better, circulate better, move better, everything else starts working better. Another one was it reduces migraines- which I need all the help I can get with those! Migraines are the worst, my family and I get them quite a bit and it literally ruins your day. Lastly, routine yoga practices mindful eating on a regular basis and sleeping sounder at night.

There are plenty more benefits of yoga, but it is definitely something that I want to start doing a few times a week to just have a chance to relax and wind down. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment